Apply with Success
empowering students to become competitive
medical school applicants
Scroll to learn more
More than 50,000 people apply each year and less than half get in.
52,777 applied during the 2018-19 admissions cycle.
Applicants applied to an average of > 16 medical schools.
60% of applicants were rejected from all of their chosen schools.
Getting in is About More Than GPA & MCAT
More than 10% of applicants with the highest GPAs and MCATs are rejected from every school where they apply.
Planning & Preparation are Essential
Competitive medical school applicants tend to have:
- appropriate GPA & MCAT for selected schools;
- rich and relevant experiences;
- a personal statement that connects why you want to become a doctor with what you have experienced/accomplished; and,
- letters of recommendation that confirm and even add to your story.
Meet the Founder
Adam Lowrance, PhD
I have worked at public and private universities across the country. Since 2013 I have focused on medical school admissions. Some of the accomplishments I am most proud of include:
- evaluated and made admissions decisions on more than 15,000 medical school applicants
- designed and built an applicant selection process for one of the largest medical schools
- focused my doctoral research on the AMCAS primary application (visit the Articles page for links to my dissertation, blog posts, and other works).
I now help students become competitive medical school applicants.
To learn more about me, please visit the About page.
Interested in working with me, have a comment or question, or simply want to sign-up to guarantee you are the first to know about upcoming content?